Sunday, August 18, 2013

Chamonix filming

The Aiguille du Midi and Dome Du Gouter on Mont Blanc

Katy Dartord on the Pelerins morrain on the 

The Aiguilles 

I arrived in the Chamonix valley yesterday ready for some work over the next while. I am out to make some promotional films for High Mountain Guides a company offering a wide range of Alpine courses. Phase 1 will be to get the shots so I will have a busy time as we get from place to place and get this summer part done. I have a few a couple of days in hand before Rob Jarvis (HMG) and I start filming but I was keen to make a start capturing a few sights so today I headed up the the Plan d L Aiguile part way up the famous Aiguile du Midi lift. Meeting up with Katy Dartford we headed up to the Pelerins Glacier where the camera was rigged and then left for the afternoon to capture some time lapse shots. Plenty of people about at the moment and the valley seems heaving with visitors. Pretty social having a walk through town with various folk to chat to. The weather is looking as though it may be wet and perhaps a little stormy but looking through most forecasts the long range is looking very good.